Hey guys! So it’s that wonderful time of the year again, HELLA COACHELLA! Festival season is literally right around the corner, like tomorrow! As a 3rd year “veteran”, I wanted to share some of my festival tips 🙂
NUMBER ONE– Don’t forget your actual Wristband!😅 How else will you get in?! Pack that first.
- Backpack or Fanny pack – I personally don’t see how I can fit everything in a fanny pack, but I congratulate you if you can. I always bring a backpack and stuff everything in there so I don’t have to hold anything.
- Band-Aids – Even if you don’t think you’re going to need them, BRING THEM. I definitely used them after getting a blister from walking around a lot in not so comfy shoes. Sigh, FASHION. I am going to try to wear comfy shoes this year.😪
- Scarf/Bandana – They are super light, can be easily thrown in your bag, and be used as an accessory. A giant scarf would be perfect to sit on in the grass. It is extremely dusty from the moment you arrive, so protect your lungs and use that bandana. Especially, if you have allergies.
- Sunscreen – It’s the desert, so surprise, it’s HOT AF and theres barely any shade. Unless, sun spots and funky tan lines are you’re thing.
- Sunglasses – It’s going to be sunny. They’re going to be your best friend in the desert, and ya know, fashion. I will be bringing my Quay sunglasses, of course!
- Hydrating Mist – It is so HOT. You’re going to want to jump in a pool, but you can’t. A hydrating mist literally feels so good on your face and body. I live by this Coconut Water Hydrating Mist by Skinfix. It’s infused with Coconut, Cucumber and Rose Essential Waters, which is a great skin refresher for throughout the day, especially on hot days and it smells fresh.
- Portable Phone Charger –Duhhhh. Your phone WILL Die. The reception sucks, so your phone will constantly be searching for service, which kills your battery. Don’t play yourself.
- Wipes – So there’s port a potties, sometimes there’s no toilet paper or place to wash your hands, and by the third day it’s not a pretty sight. I’m currently loving the SweetSpot feminine wipes, which are pH balanced too. These wipes smell SO good and are the easiest way to get clean and freshen up on the go, even wipe down your sweaty body parts with them.
- Jacket – It’s the desert, and unlike most days in South Florida, it actually gets cold at night. Also, it will protect your body in case there’s a sandstormYou won’t regret it.
- Meeting Spot – The Festival Grounds are HUGE and again your phone will not have reception. It sucks to lose someone in your group and then have to spend time trying to find them in an enormous crowd. So be very specific with your location and pick it right before you get started!
- Bathing Suit – Depending on where you’re staying, there might be a pool. Chances are you won’t be going to the festival right at 11am, you might want to tan and relax.
- Hat- A big ol’, sun blocking floppy hat are fashionable and necessary if you want to see the stage and save your face 😉 I actually just bought this hat to rock this year.
- Water – Bring an empty water bottle (no metal though), so you can re-fill it when you get inside. Save your moola!
- Cash – Speaking of Moola, have some cash on hand. Not all places take card.
Lastly, have fun! Let me know if you’re going to Coachella this year. I will be there Weekend 2, so let’s meet!
-Priscilla B xo